Re: [LAU] Lexicon Lambda USB - are my lockups due to the hardware or software?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 14 2017 - 23:02:42 EEST

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017, Antony Gelberg wrote:

> Sorry, I can't quote easily (using Gmail on the web)...
> About underruns, I'm using 128 frames / period and 2 periods / buffer. Now I'm
> trying to reproduce the issue without jackd, I guess that might be less relevant.
> The "operations" I was talking about can hardly be called massive, and the
> lockups last for much longer than the operations themselves.
>
> it's a pretty decent i5, nothing earth-shattering, but then I'm not asking much
> of it. The lockups happen even without Ardour, just listening to music with
> Audacious / VLC / Chrome (YouTube) / listening to old demos on Audacity.

Shouldn't happen. I would think.

Not sure if this has been asked before. WHere is the priority of the USB
port in use? (as compared to other USB ports for example) The question is:
What is going causing the delay? Sound device going to sleep? (or
reconnecting maybe? - does dmesg show it connecting more than once?) or
the computer having some other process taking over for too long. I assume
that there is no mouse/keyboard/etc. using the same USB port. Does the
computer itself seem unresponsive when the sound quits?

Is it possible to test this device with a MAC or windows machine?

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net