Re: [LAU] Which jackd to install on a new system ?

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 16 2017 - 05:14:40 EEST

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 18:19:58 -0700
"Glen MacArthur" <info@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> it just won't install if JACK2 isn't present on the system... come to
> think of it then I guess you'll be wanting JACK2 then...

While this is set and Bitwig installed all right, Mixbus32C gives a
warning that sounds not so good, so I declined the installation for
now:

  "Mixbus32C was compiled with gcc4, your system uses a newer version of
  the standard c++ library. Plugins on your system may not load or
  plugin-UIs may cause crashes."

What is this about exactly and, is the net result at use time as
dramatic as it sounds ? Should I forget about using the new system
until an updated build of Mixbus32C is provided ?