Re: [LAU] Which jackd to install on a new system ?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 16 2017 - 10:38:46 EEST

To slightly expand/correct on what Glen said:

the gcc4/5 issue ONLY affects plugins written in C++ that use some specific
parts of the C++ standard libraries. The runtime interface for some of
these functions changed between g++ 4 and g++ 5, and both the host and the
plugin need to have been built with the same version of g++.

Plugins written in C (or other languages), and plugins written in C++ which
manage to avoid using these parts of the standard libraries are not
affected.

And yes, before you ask, there is effectively no way to determine whether a
plugin is affected without being the person who compiles the plugin.