Re: [LAU] OT: Monitor setups

From: David Jones <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 04 2017 - 01:38:45 EEST

At work where I work with enterprise content management systems via Windows 7 (no multiple desktops, sorely missed!), I have 2 17" 1280x1024 displays side by side.

At home where I write, draw, photograph and make music, I have a single 24" 1920x1080 display, I spread things over multiple desktops. I like being able to put QJackCtl's transport bar on my main composition desktop while the rest of the program sits on another desktop, out of the way.

IIRC, doesn't AVLinux or Musix or some other media creation distro come already set up with multiple task-specific desktops?

David W. Jones
gnome@hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community