Re: [LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 12 2017 - 19:20:02 EEST

On Fri, 12 May 2017, Bearcat Şándor wrote:

> On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 9:06 AM Moshe Werner <moshwe@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> I did not try thunderbolt, this requires drivers and they are not
>> available for Linux.
>
> Unless i'm missing something, Thunderbolt (which is version 3) is available under
> "Device Drivers" in my kernel version 4.10.13.   I'm not sure at what kernel
> version it became available, but it looks like it was put in sometime last year.

Not knowing thumderbolt at all, the next question in my mind is, being
able to talk thunderbolt is one thing, but being able to talk to any one
device at the end of a thunderbolt interface may be a different thing. It
there a thunderbolt audio device standard yet? Does Linux support it?

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net