Re: [LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 13 2017 - 22:34:44 EEST

On Fri, 12 May 2017 21:56:37 -0400
jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> A workflow observation: with such an interface a DAW project directory
> would also contain the saved EQ, limiter,etc.. parameters from the
> MOTU interface. Loading a project would consist of loading the DAW
> project then the MOTU parameters. Just thinking aloud, nothing to
> worry :)

I think I would still mix using Ardour/Mixbus, and in the case of
Mixbus32C which I use, benefit from the Harrison 32C EQ hardware
emulation. The MOTU will add another type of EQ emulation (like a
plugin would) based on British consoles, as well as the LA-2A limiter
(also considered as a 'plugin'). So, for Mixbus32C-based mixing, the
MOTU will add those 'plugin' features. And the initial routing. If a
track feels better with British-based EQ, then so be it. If it feels
better with 32C, so be it. There's also reverb on the MOTU which would
be considered as a 'plugin' also. Use it, or use any other reverb. So
it's an audio interface with audio processing capabilities which may or
may not be used.

Still just thinking aloud ... :)

Cheers.