Re: [LAU] Looking for digital mixer for church use

From: Bill Purvis <bill@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 15 2017 - 19:31:11 EEST

Thanks for the suggestion. Just been looking at it, looks great - I'd
love one for myself!

However, I'm looking for something with a 'virtual' desk, like the Ui16
only more channels.
Looked around the Behringer range, and wondered about the XR18? Not as
many as I'd like, but
the price is good. The main spiel talks about control via iPad or
Android, but I note in the
small print that it says PC, Mac or Linux. The Ui16 just needs a modern
browser and runs well
with an old laptop running Linux/Firefox. The plan is to have the mixer
and amps rack mounted in a
back room, with just a PC with Cat5 ethernet connection.

I'm still dithering about whether to stick with a traditional snake
across to the performance
area, or maybe put the mixer near/on the stage.

Bill

Bill