Re: [LAU] checking passive input frequencies on non Hi-Z connection

From: Tim <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 21 2017 - 19:12:47 EEST

On 05/21/2017 07:19 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 20 May 2017 14:43:30 -0700 (PDT), Len Ovens wrote:
>> This why I say, if you like the sound nothing else matters.
> Full ACK!
>
> Forget what Tim mentioned,
Don't step on my expert advice, dude!
I took time from my busy schedule to answer this question
  because I know about it. Trust me.

Have you ever heard the expression "You don't know what you're missing"?
One never knows what one is missing until shown how good it could be.

Good? No, how about just freakin' proper from the start.
Some of the Lace pickups Wayne mentioned are 20K resistance.
You know what's going to happen when that guitar coil
  meets that Zoom's 1.8K input impedance?

The audible result of all that loss was put so expertly by Mr. Goetze:
  "bite" or "sheen" or "character", in this case quite a lot.

DI box, stomp box, effect box. Yeah it's all the same. Low impedance
  output. Wayne knows that and he knows what I meant.

Cheers. Tim.
The MusE Sequencer Project.