Re: [LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

From: Andreas Werner <wernand@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 21 2017 - 21:54:46 EEST

I am interested in AVB (now called TSN) since some time ago.

I have various items/devices for AVB:

- Netgear-Switch GS724Tv4 with licence for AVB
- Intel I210
- Motu 1248 AVB
- DSP4you AVB-DGK http://www.dsp4you.com/products/avb-oem-series/avb-dgk
- MOTU LP32 running in mode AVB-expansion http://motu.com/products/avb/lp32

Motu 1248, Motu LP32, both DSP4you AVB dongles are on the switch for
AVB DSP4you. This makes a small running network for AVB.
Motu 1248 and LP32 are only connected by Ethernet-AVB.

https://www.minidsp.com/media/kunena/attachments/14880/DSC_0218.JPG

I am looking now for a pair of good studio monitors running as listeners on AVB

Meyer Sound USA has AVB-capable speakers.
https://meyersound.com/product/cal/
https://meyersound.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/cal_side_full.jpg

Does someone know real good high-end studio monitors for AVB?

I also want to try to hook an apple device with Thunderbolt 2 (no,
Apple hasn't implemented vers. 3 yet in most of their HW yet) for
AVB. Apple can do AVB. This is the sole reson for me for Apple.

Best regards

Andreas WERNER