Re: [LAU] M-Audio ProFire 2626 + jack

From: Sergio Cioban Filho <cioban@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 30 2017 - 12:30:16 EEST

Hi guys,

I'm back to share some nice findings from last night... :)

So, I spent some time playing around with my Linux and the interface.

I've started checking and configuring my Linux system.

My CPU was already configured as performance.

----
[root@email-addr-hidden ~]# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor
performance
performance
performance
performance
----
My firewire card is not sharing  IRQ
---
grep firewire /proc/interrupts
 19:         14     172073          0          0  IR-IO-APIC  19-fasteoi
firewire_ohci
---
But I did some changes in my system in order to improve the performance.
Even after the changes, jackd wasn't starting.
So I spent some time looking and playing with the interface clock.
After some time and a lot of changes I could start jackd using 48000 but I
had no idea what I did to make jack work.
So I decided to reboot my system and try again to make sure that I have the
steps clear.
After some time I found the steps to to make jack work:
- open ffado-dbus-server in one terminal
- open ffado-mixer in other terminal
- Now is the trick, the mixer was already showing 'Clock source: Internal'
and 'Sample rate: 48000' but I've needed to re-select the  Clock source to
internal and also the  Sample rate to 48000
- After that, I opened another terminal and started jackd: $
 /usr/bin/jackd -R -dfirewire -dhw:FW2626 -r48000 -p512 -n3
- And, it works!!!!!
- I could see all inputs and outputs in qjackctl
- I've also followed the same steps but using sample rate 96000 and jack
works.
OK, I didn't  test any sound recording or playing as it was late ate night.
But I'll do this test today and I'll update this thread :)
Just one doubt.
Just to clarify, in the ffado-mixer, when referring to outputs and inputs
 is the mixer using the system point of view or the interface point of
view?
I mean, the firewire input in the mixer is related to one firewire output
in the computer?
For now, thank you so much for all thoughts and help here :)
---
Sergio Cioban Filho