Re: [LAU] Looking for best-possible quality algorithmic reverb plugin

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Jun 10 2017 - 08:59:53 EEST

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 19:19:35 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
>CCRMA says the license is open source (I didn't see the
>license on Fons's page.)

FWIW Zita reverb is from Fons, while the guitarix plugin apparently is
based on Fons' work, but it's not from Fons.

>> However, Zita reverb does one characteristic very well, IOW it's not
>> really much tweakable, but IMO it's the only usable algorithm reverb
>> available as Linux plugin for free as in beer.
>
>Not sure what "tweakable" means.

It does one thing good, but you can't change the character of the
reverb. IOW you don't get a variety of different reverb types.
Since Jeanette is interested to get something that provides different
types of "ambience to rooms and halls", Zita reverb, as well as the
plugin provide only one kind of hall/large room, even not different
kinds of hall/large room.