Re: [LAU] 'morse code' picked up by the speakers

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 13 2017 - 20:04:20 EEST

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 18:25:56 -0400
Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 18:11:48 -0400
> jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > My question is, what is the source of these short beeps ? Even if
> > they are not recorded they can be disturbing when improvising or in
> > a quiet piece.

> Sounds like interference from your mobile phone. I can often tell
> when I have a text message coming in before the phone notifies me if
> my phone's close enough to the speakers.

Yes, that's the case. Just to add to this a tiny bit, cell phone
waves are way up there in the frequencies, so that cannot make such a
low pulsating interference. Not sure, but it seems that the cell phone
waves are modulated in the (very) low frequency range and that
modulation is what's picked up by the (magnet of the) speakers. That
modulation creates another frequency.