[LAU] Release v0.1: IConnectivity MIDI Configuration Utility

From: <holger@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 15 2017 - 23:24:02 EEST

Dear linux audio users and developers,

(crossposting as usual for releases)

at the end of the last year I bought a new MIDI interface. I decided to buy a IConnectivity MIO10
as it comes closest to my old (MOTU MIDI Express XT) as it was reported to work flawless with
linux. It did, regarding the MIDI-Part, but as usual, the configuration was not possible with
linux. As WINE did not work for me as well, I decided to create my own utility.
And here it is:
https://github.com/dehnhardt/mioconfig
Currently it does support only a small part of the configuration possibilities, the interface
provides (Read the RELEASENOTES.md for further information) and is prealphabetasomewhat - but as I
did not implement firmware updates - it should (and in my case did not) not break the device.

The utility should work with most IConnectivity MIDI devices but I ownly could test ist with my
device.

There are *no* precompiled packages at the moment, you have to build them. (It is based on QT)
But I really apprecciate every input (please use the github issues) - and if someone wwould like to
enable compiling under Windows or Mac (which should work as I use QT an RTMidi) - you are very
welcome!

All the best

Holger