Re: [LAU] Overdub Audio on Video

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 23 2017 - 15:35:37 EEST

On 23/06/2017 14:28, Will Godfrey wrote:
> I have a video track with existing audio, and what I want to do is add speech
> descriptions etc. Is there an easy way to do this?

How about using ardour?7
Now-a-days it can handle video [1], then you can add your speech as an
additional track.
I haven't used it myself, but have successfully used ardour + xjadeo [2]
synced through jack transport - the principle is similar, essentially
the scenario where the video editing is finalised and you want to
concentrate on the audio (e.g. soundtracks, sound design, voice-over, etc.)

Lorenzo.

[1] http://manual.ardour.org/video-timeline/
[2] http://xjadeo.sourceforge.net/