Re: [LAU] [OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 11 2017 - 21:32:55 EEST

Hi Jeanette,

On 11/07/17 16:56, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> this doesn't belong here, but probably nowhere else really. I'd like to
> create systematic images/a short video on the commandline. By systematic
> I mean, not pictures, but more like colour effects. Evolving shapes,
> colour changes. Is there a tool to achieve this on the Linux commandline?

Have you considered ImageMagick, an image 'swiss knife' which can
convert and manipulates images but can also do stuff in terms of image
generation? (And if you consider video as a sequence of images, it could
come in handy). Here is a page with some 'generation' snipplets:

http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/canvas/

Hope this might help.
Lorenzo