Re: [LAU] Render and animate OctaMed songs in batch processing

From: Henning Thielemann <lemming@email-addr-hidden-thielemann.de>
Date: Sat Jul 15 2017 - 18:40:14 EEST

Using old Haskell code by Claude Heiland-Allen I was able to generate
videos for my MED and OctaMED songs from the Amiga:
   https://hackage.haskell.org/package/med-module

The package provides two executables:
   unmed2: convert MMD files to text representation
   animed: convert MMD files to tracker animations in PostScript
     See the Makefile for how to turn this into a video.
     Perfectly timed, no frame drop-out.
     No video compression artifacts thanks to FlashScreenVideo codec.
     No need for a screengrabber.
     No need for a fast machine for screengrabbing -
        although rendering with ghostscript needs unexpectedly much time.
     However, animation is pretty simplistic.

I have no binary package, so far. You have to build it using a Haskell
compiler, like so:

   $ sudo apt-get install ghc cabal-install
   $ mkdir med
   $ cd med
   $ cabal sandbox init
   $ cabal update
   $ cabal install med-module -fbuildExamples
   $ sudo install .cabal-sandbox/bin/* /usr/local/bin/

You can watch and listen to the songs here:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkiGi6Y-Lso&list=PL724571620EC414BC&index=73