[LAU] ffmpeg video generation: quality options

From: Jeanette C. <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 21 2017 - 02:36:54 EEST

Hey hey,
I've found the following command to generate a video from single frame images
ffmpeg -r 25 -start_number 1 -i image%03d.jpg -c:v libx264 -r 25 -pix_fmt
yuv420p out.mp4

My question is: the resultant videos seem quite small. Seeing that I have no
knowledge of all the video quality parameters, could someone suggest better
options?

The input files are 1280x720 JPGs with possibly 16bits for color (standard
POV-Ray output).

Final destination is youtube. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Best wishes and thanks,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

All you people look at me like I'm a little girl.
Well did you ever think it be okay for me to step into this world. <3
(Britney Spears)