Re: [LAU] RME Babyface on Linux

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Aug 03 2017 - 15:08:24 EEST

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 09:00:33 +0000, Anders Hellquist wrote:
>A bit off topic but..
>
>The MOTU AVB series [snip] you can control everything from any web
>browser on the same network.

A mixing console could be used in combination with each audio interface
and without a browser and even without a keyboard or mouse. Maybe a
mixing console + an audio interface are too much gear for portable
usage, but some audio interfaces are small mixing consoles on
their own, resp. some mixing consoles have build in an USB audio
interface.

On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 01:33:07 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
>If your soundcard has sufficiency low latency, it may be
>feasible to create your headphone submix in software rather
>than hardware.

Since the latency is caused by a chain of equipment, not caused by the
audio interface alone, I wouldn't count on it, at least not for offsite
recording.