Re: [LAU] ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

From: Tim <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 10 2017 - 21:50:34 EEST

On 08/10/2017 08:11 AM, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi Tim, list,
>
> * Tim <termtech@email-addr-hidden> [2017-08-07 19:32]:
> [...]
>>> I've got ShowQ open in KDevelop, ready to troubleshoot.
>>> But I'll need more information.
>>> Is there anything else at all printed in the terminal output?
> Upon starting showq qjackctl prints in its Messages window:
> 14:06:17.923 JACK connection graph change.
> 14:06:18.115 JACK connection change.
> and its Connections pane shows the first two outputs of ShowQ being
> connected to system:playback_1 and _2.
>
> Here the GUI dialog box "Show Q encountered an unknown-error. Please
> Upon pressing "Ok" ShowQ exits and jackd reports
> subgraph starting at ShowQ timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=28, status = 0, state = Triggered, pollret = 0 revents = 0x0)
>
>>> It is best if /you/ try running a debug session under KDevelop,
>>> or use gdb stand-alone. (I just prefer KDevelop.)
>>> It should show you the troublesome line(s) causing the crash.
> ShowQ does not crash, so there is no backtrace from within gdb. All it
> prints is
>
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/bin/showq
> Using host libthread_db library
> "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
> [New Thread 0x7fffea53b700 (LWP 5756)]
> [New Thread 0x7fffe9cff700 (LWP 5759)]
> [New Thread 0x7fffe94fe700 (LWP 5760)]
> ShowQ:out_1 # system:playback_1
> ShowQ:out_2 # system:playback_2
>
> (here is where the GUI dialog box "Show Q encountered an unknown-error.
> Please report this error to the developers of the program" is displayed.
> Upon pressing "Ok" ShowQ exits with
>
> [Thread 0x7fffe94fe700 (LWP 5760) exited]
> [Thread 0x7fffea53b700 (LWP 5756) exited]
> [Thread 0x7ffff7fa9a00 (LWP 5687) exited]
> [Inferior 1 (process 5687) exited with code 01]

Hm, weird. Thanks.

So, are you saying that ShowQ actually runs, then shows
  the error message some time later after usage, or
  right away upon starting it shows that message box?

Here I am able to run ShowQ and I created a wave-file cue and
  was able to preview (listen to) it no problem.

I also created a midi patch in the patch section, and
  it connected to my midi ports no problem.

I can tell by the listed port names that it uses
  ALSA for midi, not Jack midi.

Some quirks though: The wave preview worked fine the first time,
  but upon restarting ShowQ and doing the same steps, it would
  not start playing until I pressed a few other things, not sure what,
  but I think I pressed menu Cue -> Load, then it worked.
Also the midi ports don't show up in the list until
  an actual left-hand list item is clicked and enabled.

But still no exit.

Hmm...
Tim.