Re: [LAU] Pocket Guitarix?

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 11 2017 - 00:44:40 EEST

Hi TIm,

> Hi list.
> My needs:
>
> Guitarix
> Battery powered
> 2 Hr or better run time
> Pocket sized
> For live use
> Latency <= 128 frames (at say 44.1Khz)
>
> Are there any pre-built units for this sort of thing
> out there?
>
> If not, I'd take a small embedded board, hopefully
> with enough room for stereo audio jacks, but
> I'll take mono. A midi in jack would be nice.
> Any one experienced with this?
>
> What is the state of phones these days
> for real-time audio? Is Guitarix doable?
> What about input and output jacks?

As other have noted, the MOD DUO is basically built for this, needs 12V
power, also needs a pretty big pocket.

If you want to try building something yourself a Raspberry (or some clone)
with an USB soundcard should be able to do this, should be possible to get
pocket sized.

Phones do have enough horsepower and there's the iRig sound interface to
connect tele plugs so it's physically doable. No idea though if guitarix is
possible to get running and no idea if latency is OK.
Some years ago Samsung had official support for jackd on their android
phones, don't know if this still exists.

Regards,
Robert