Re: [LAU] Speakers alignment

From: Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 15 2017 - 21:22:36 EEST

>:

> On 8/15/17 8:56 AM, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>
> I am searching for tool that would allowed me to align sound system.
> I would like send sound impulse to one speaker and get delay time (ms)
> based on captured signal by measurement mic.
> For top speakers impulse could be about 2.5 kHz I guess.
> A bit more complicated situation could be for aligning top speaker and
> subs probably impulse of crossover frequency would be necessary.
> That mean 60Hz 80Hz or 100Hz depend on system XO.
>
> Any suggestion how to achieve this? GUI CLI whatever
>

> The human ear can hear this quite well, I understand. I have a Behringer
> crossover with adjustable delay built in and I think there's a procedure to
> do this in the manual.
>
> There are also software for speaker testing and design that I've seen.
> The most complete seems to be available from Parts Express. I've also seen
> software packages with things like waterfall displays available for the PC.
> Mike Squires

Hi Mike,

thank you for suggestions, but only what I am searching for is to measure
delay in ms for impulse from two sources.
Most close what I've found is Fon's Jack_Delay which measure sound card
latency for set of tones.

http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/index.html
(scroll down the page)

Only difference is I don't want link input and output of sound card, but
play to speaker and capture sound in mic.
And I would probably should just one tone instead of set.

best regards

mira