Re: [LAU] How to play multiple bluetooth (BT 4.0) audio receiver ?

From: Winfried Ritsch <ritsch@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 17 2017 - 18:35:25 EEST

Hello,

Thanks for the answers.
The question was about using bluetooth audio and linux experiences.

The main question was, how can I play multiple BT receiver from a linux
machine. Anybody done this ?

On my further research BT-audio is not multicast per se and so I asume the
sender have to manage many connection in parallel, MacOS-X user reported
sucess, so I thought linux can do also but it didnt find a solution until now,
... maybe many dongles.

Am Mittwoch, 16. August 2017, 22:12:09 CEST schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 12:32:55 -0700 (PDT), Len Ovens wrote:
> >I think if it was me and I had to use separate lines for left and
> >right, I would choose mono and add speakers as needed to cover the
> >area. (stereo in a live crowd situation is over rated anyway :)
>
> Hi,
>
> it doesn't matter if "stereo in a live crowd situation" should or
> shouldn't be over rated. I agree that mono usually should be good
> enough, but OTOH you still need to care about time differences when
> using more than one mono speaker, if you e.g. care about good audio
> quality for music or an easy to understand talker. A "sound
> installation" might be based on strong stereo usage, but not
> necessarily require good sync for the 2 channels. IOW mono might render
> it useless, if it should be important that the duck is quacking 10
> seconds from the right side only and after that 10 seconds from the
> left side only ;), so sync would be completely irrelevant.

... it is not about audio quality, nor mono or stereo or delays very much ...
its about using e.g. (here) BK8000 modules for EUR 5,70 for DIY speaker
which can receive Audio (stereo) and control some GPIOs, (also they have
quite good audio quality) ... also its not about stereo or mono, the stereo
was my first attempt, I want autonomous solar powered speaker of any kind as an
loudspeaker orchestra or acousmatic, like french artists name this... outside
in nature. ...

mfg
 winfried

> Regards,