Re: [LAU] limits.conf nice rtprio

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Aug 17 2017 - 19:19:22 EEST

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 17:57:30 +0200, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
>Thanks Paul and Ralf for wiping old this old myth I was living in ;)
>
>What about my 2nd question?
>In qjackctrl Settings -> Advanced ... there is a "Priority" option ...
>It corresponds to -P cli option
>For what is it good and how it should be used?

Hi Mira,

I was against the new QjackCtl GUI. The fundamental idea of this tab
design is, that users should only use the "Parameters" tab and just in
exceptional cases, experts should use the "Advanced" tab.

Don't care about this option, neither use it via QjackCtl, nor as a
command line option.

$ man jackd | grep "\-realtime" -A2 | head -14 | tail
       -R, --realtime
              Use realtime scheduling (default = true). This is needed for reliable low-latency performance. On many systems, it requires jackd to run with special scheduler and memory
              allocation privileges, which may be obtained in several ways.

--
       -r, --no-realtime
              Do not use realtime scheduling.