Re: [LAU] limits.conf nice rtprio

From: David Jones <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 22 2017 - 08:54:27 EEST

On Aug 21, 2017 19:13, "Jonathan E. Brickman" <jeb@ponderworthy.com> wrote:

>>> David, what desktop are you using?  LXDE?  Other?
>>

>> XFCE. One difference that might affect your set up: My card only does
>> 48000Hz max and has 2 stereo channels in and out.
>>
> That's very interesting.  This time around, XFCE gave me xruns which I couldn't eliminate, LXDE has been flawless.  Am running 48 kHz these days, it looks like I'd have to spend a good bit to get 96.

My card cost 20US$, so I'd have to spend a lot to get 96, too. I'd like more channels, though.

My laptop has 2 USB3 ports (indicated by blue connectors) and 2 USB2 ports. I have a USB3 ext drive attached to one, the soundcard to the other USB3 port.

Every time I've tried LXDE, I've been frustrated by difficulties configuring it. And it would freeze even without RT audio. Glad you've had good luck with it.

I don't remember what background services XFCE installs by default.

David W. Jones
gnome@hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com