Re: [LAU] MOTU AVB series sample rate issue, JACK, and PulseAudio

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 19 2017 - 19:55:32 EEST

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Be <be.0@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> ​
>
> So I have tried using JACK regularly with the PulseAudio to JACK bridge.
> Unfortunately this has some quirks too. JACK won't start unless I wait
> several seconds after plugging in the Ultralite AVB. I

​I've seen this and I just live with it. I change SR once in a blue moon.
It just isn't that important to me. ​ I suspect it really does that the
MOTU unit a long time to reset to a new SR. JACK will start eventually.

> Has anyone contacted MOTU about the sample rate switching issue? Ideally
> they could make it just work when the computer tells the audio interface to
> switch sample rates.
>
> Also, has anyone contacted them about possibly changing the firmware so
> the web interface is available over USB on Linux?

​if you have an AVB unit, why bother with USB?​ My impression (which could
be wrong) was that it would work if you have the correct kernel module
loaded. I don't know which module that is.