Re: [LAU] MOTU AVB series sample rate issue, JACK, and PulseAudio

From: Be <be.0@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 19 2017 - 23:15:10 EEST

One other quirk of the Ultralite AVB, for anyone considering getting
one, is that the 1/4" (6.35mm) jacks on the back are packed together so
tightly that two XLR adapters can't be plugged in adjacent to each
other. It's a pretty funny problem to have, but can easily be solved
with 1/4" -> XLR cables. I think I'll solder my own short 1/4" -> XLR
cables so I can plug into venues' XLR cables easily without needing to
carry long cables around all the time (no one seems to make premade
cables like these shorter than 2 feet).

FWIW there is not a way to control the gains of the 1/4" line input &
output jacks from the encoders on the Ultralite AVB. Only the main
outputs, headphone output, mic inputs, and guitar inputs have gain
controls on the encoders. They're still accessible via the web
interface, but it would be convenient if I could just reach over and
turn an encoder. I'll ask MOTU if it may be possible to control them
with a future firmware update. I have added a software gain control for
booth output to Mixxx, but it would be nice to easily access the
hardware controls.