Re: [LAU] [CP] KISS or Complex?

From: Stephen Stubbs <fartreader@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 30 2017 - 18:29:44 EEST

09-30-2017

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately, I am not the person to go into technical details about mixing. I know some of the basic concepts, but other than pan and volume, I have not used the other techniques.

Check out the Internet for sound mixing groups. At one time, I was working with Linux systems for music (personal pleasure use at home), and followed the Linux Audio group. I still do follow that group.

To post to that group, I use linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden <mailto:linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>

There should be other Internet groups around. The people at the Linux audio group include mixing professionals. They should be able to listen and give suggestions on how to adjust your mix. The group is for people using digital audio workstations (DAW) running under Linux and Linux mixing tools. So some of their suggestions may only apply to Linux programs/tools.

But they are very helpful in listening to work and making suggestions.

I would think there are professionals who use the DAW and tools that you are using. Find the groups when they hang out. Mention your hearing issues. At the Linux audio group, there are blind people using command line Linux DAWs and tools for their mixing. As you are probably aware, musicians are very generous with their time and talents.

Good Luck,

Stephen.