Re: [LAU] firewire-thunderbolt adapter?

From: Michael Jarosch <riotsound@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 04 2017 - 09:43:06 EEST

Am Dienstag, den 03.10.2017, 14:49 -1000 schrieb David W. Jones:

> I wonder if one of the FW=>Thunderbolt adaptors would work to connect
> to a non-Mac?

Assuming, Pauls conclusion is right (and it's the same thing they say
on the FFADO-list, as well): If the chipset on the adaptor is supported
by linux (most TI ones are a good bed AFAIK) it will work.

I don't think there will ever be a USB2Firewire - and if there will be
one, I don't think it will be capable to realise realtime-audio.

Greets!
Mitsch