Re: [LAU] html5 in ff through jack

From: David Kastrup <dak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 01 2017 - 16:49:48 EET

"Peter P." <peterparker-97jfqw80gc5Wk0Htik3J/w@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Hi Robin, dear list,
>
> I am taking up this old thread from more than a year ago. I am wondering
> what the status of html5 audio through jack in the firefox browser is on
> Linux?

What's wrong with running pulseaudio for a desktop application like
jack? Incidentally, I use my own "pulsejack" script for optionally
starting jackd with given options or make an existing jackd connect to
pulseaudio.

Here it is:

#/bin/sh
if [ $# -gt 1 ]
then
    killall jackd 2> /dev/null && sleep 2
    jackd "$@" & sleep 2
fi
pactl load-module module-jack-sink channels=2
pactl load-module module-jack-source channels=2
pacmd set-default-sink jack_out
pacmd set-default-source jack_in

--
David Kastrup