Re: [LAU] FOSS DAW recommendations

From: David W. Jones <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 17 2017 - 06:14:24 EET

On November 16, 2017 3:02:00 PM HST, Robert Edge <thumbknucklerocks@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > Well, when I made an attempt to use Ardour, I quickly figured out
> that its
> > design assumed I was a fluent user of a traditional hardware mixer
> and an
> > experienced sound tech/engineer ...
> >

> Exactly. Are you suggesting that the only tool in the Linux world
> that
> does the things an actual working professional needs it to do should
> be
> dumbed down?

Not at all. Although as someone who used to do that level of work in graphic design and page layout, I adamantly insist the Adobe Suite UI is desperately cluttered, dated and needs fixing. Targa TIPS had the best UI for graphics work ever produced. ;)

For my basic audio mixing needs, Audacity works fine and (for me, at least) is much easier to use. I probably use it at most as much as the OP over the course of a year.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden