Re: [LAU] FOSS DAW recommendations

From: Hank Stanglow <stanglow@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 17 2017 - 09:54:37 EET

On 11/16/2017 10:28 PM, Robert Edge wrote:
> I'm telling you guys, there isn't another FOSS option operating at
> that level.  Not even close.  Not if you what you want is a DAW.
HI, I want to jump in!

I remember using Ardour 2 several years ago and thinking it was pretty
solid but with a steep learning curve. It wasn't what I needed at the
time so I used something else. I recently decided to install Ardour 5
and -WOW- it's so much better than I remember. More importantly, the
documentation is amazing (manual.ardour.org). It's actually some of the
best documentation of any software I've used. I started a session with
the manual open beside the main sequencer window I was able to do
everything I wanted to accomplish almost instantly. No more scratching
my head and questioning the developer's motives. It's fantastic. I'm
probably going to get a subscription because I like it so much. Ardour
is a shining beacon for FOSS audio and a true DAW.