Re: [LAU] FOSS DAW recommendations

From: David Kastrup <dak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 17 2017 - 19:19:15 EET

Robert Edge <thumbknucklerocks@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Right click on the region.
>
> (region name) -> edit -> make mono regions.

First you need an active _region_ (rather than doing this on the track).
Then you need to go by (region name)/edit. And finally, nothing obvious
happens. I assume that it just takes the mean of the channel without
changing the "stereo" status. Which doesn't help.

Editing the region properties would allow me to assign the correct
(crossed) source tracks, however. That's about as clumsy as the stem
export approach but faster.

--
David Kastrup