[LAU] SSD for Linux audio? (Was: Re: Massive Xruns during recording)

From: Jeanette C. <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 07 2017 - 01:14:01 EET

Hey hey,
I'm looking into buying an SSD for my system. Information I found is sometimes
conflicting and I'm not up to date on all that. So...

Are there particular compatibility issues (in software/drivers) that I must
take into account? From the hardware side: are there certain
models/series/vendors that have proved especially advantageous to audio work?

My motherboard does offer SATA2 V3, otherwise I see no particular hardware
restrictions.

I'd be grateful for some advice. If on some points there is nothing particular
to consider that would be a sufficient answer in itself.

TIA and best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

You are my summer breeze, my winter sun,
my springtime soul, my autumn touch of gold
(Britney Spears)