Re: [LAU] Pianoteq goes Organteq

From: David Kastrup <dak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 11 2017 - 20:27:50 EET

Bob van der Poel <bob-8hHJtrpVMJ/qJdGyAr2GoA@email-addr-hidden> writes:

[Aeolus]

> An EWI can play 2 notes at a time :) It has a "octave" switch which sets it
> so a 2nd note, one octave below, sounds at the same time. And a "sustained
> note" thing which holds the last note played when you play a 2nd one, until
> there is a break in the phrase. The latter is actually quite interesting,
> but takes a lot more skill than I have to sound really good.
>
> Monophonic Bach isn't all bad. Remember, the cello concerto (one of the
> most beautiful pieces ever written) is, mostly, monophonic :)
>
> But, I figured that the breath controller CC would not be supported. But,
> since it's just software, maybe in a future release?

There is nothing to map it to apart from tremolo/schweller, and the
results were not good for accordion.

For what it's worth, I don't connect Aeolus with the Roland FR-1b
directly since their various controls (particularly registration) don't
match too well. Instead, I have a mididings script I call "Olifant"
(since it makes the Roland loud) that maps controls as I find suitable.

If you want to, I can post it (again I think). There are various shell
scripts calling it and connecting stuff depending on the soundcards I
actually use for connecting stuff up.

--
David Kastrup