Re: [LAU] recommendations for output-only audio devices

From: Bill Purvis <bill@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 27 2017 - 16:16:14 EET

On 19/12/17 08:59, - - wrote:

> In my town there's a reseller maybe you can order but it will be more
> expensive that if you order online from the minidsp site. I read good
> reports of fast delivery from them.
>
> Cheers
>
> Bernard
>
>> Le 18 décembre 2017 à 22:42, Bill Purvis a écrit :
>>

>> That looks ideal, but I can't find anyone stocking them in the UK.
>>
>> No bells, no whistles, just 8-channels of audio output. And, the data
>> sheet does say
>> Linux compatible with ALSA-2!
>>

>> On 18/12/17 19:44, bernard wrote:
>>> This :
>>>
>>> https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/u-dac8
>>>
>>> usb class compliant 8 audio out
I can confirm the fast delivery! It arrived in Warrington on Saturday
morning!
Sadly, the FedEx don't deliver Saturdays, Sundays, Christmas Day or
Boxing day
so it only got here this morning. Plugged it in and aplay -L should up
multiple
devices. I then used qjackctl to handle 8 output audio output devices
and with
a bit of fiddling I got it to work. I don't currently have 4 stereo amps or
anything set up to drive 8 channels, but connecting Audacious to each of
the
outputs on Jack seems to confirm all is working well. I am confident
that this
will answer all the requirements for the organ for the forseeable future!

Many thanks once again!

Bill