Re: [LAU] How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

From: Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 09 2018 - 01:31:10 EET

On 01/08/2018 11:39 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 11:45:37 -0500, Peter Lutek wrote:
>> are there any particular caveats or helpful configuration tools to be
>> aware of in that distribution?
> Hi,
>
> I can't speak for Arch derivatives, but I'm a long time Arch user.
> There are neither caveats nor helpful configuration tools, there is
> just one thing you need to know about Arch Linux, it's aimed for Linux
> experienced power users. To me it's the most user-friendly distro, but
> it isn't user-friendly in an Ubuntu kind of user-friendliness. A
> default install is more basic, than an install from the Ubuntu server
> image, with all uncheckable packages unchecked.

Yup.  That's why I don't use pure Arch, it takes a lot more time at
setup than I care to devote.  Manjaro has been doing me a lot of good
for quite some time now.  Before that I used Archbang.  Manjaro includes
lots of GUI config tools.  Not up to Ubuntu's GUIzation, but a lot more
than pure Arch.

--
/Jonathan E. Brickmanjeb@email-addr-hidden
<http://login.jsp/?at=02e47df3-a9af-4cd9-b951-1a06d255b48f&mailto=jeb@email-addr-hidden>   (785)233-9977/