Re: [LAU] [Fwd: Re: netJack2: Master doesn't show up as readable/writable client on slave side]

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2018 - 01:31:21 EET

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 5:53 PM, Jonas neuer <jonas.ne.mail@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> ​
> The thing is, on Windows I can't figure out how to tell any application to
> route its audio through Jack. For example in Audacity on the Pi I can
> select JACK instead of ALSA and all the Jack connections show up. On
> Windows I can only select MME, Windows Direct Sound and WASAPI (also tried
> installing ASIO, but that doesn't show up either.)

​JACK wasn't ever designed for general purpose audio. On Windows, it
presents itself as a "fake" or "pseudo" ASIO device. Most consumer
applications do not use ASIO and so they will not see it. If you run a DAW
or other music creation/pro-audio software on the Windows machine, they
would makes ASIO devices available.​