Re: [LAU] in search of IR response files

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2018 - 22:37:04 EET

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 20:45:12 +0100
Fons Adriaensen <fons@linuxaudio.org> wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 09:29:04AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 6:05 AM, Ede Wolf <listac@nebelschwaden.de> wrote:
>>
>> > [ ... ] but I just happen to be looking for large spaces. Cathedrals and
>> > the like. Why not the whole universe?
>> >

>> the universe has no early reflections.
>
>They are sparse, but their is at least one. Radio amateurs are
>routinely bouncing signals on the moon. Meteor showers are used
>as well.
>
>Ciao,

Now *that* brings back an ancient memory!

In the late 1960s, there was a talk at the colledge by a group of radio
amateurs, and the bit that stuck in my mind was on maintaining VHF
communications across the English channel... by bouncing the signals off
aircraft using a combination of flight times and tracking gear :)

There was a bit of a competition going as to how long they could maintain
contact, continually switching planes as their paths crossed. I don't remember
any figures, but believe it was in days rather than hours.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk