Re: [LAU] Is -Xalsarawidi the same as -Xraw or -Xseq?

From: Victor A. Stoichita <victor@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 19 2018 - 14:05:13 EEST

I just found this thread from 2014 about alsarawmidi [1]. At that
time the intention was apparently that alsarawmidi would replace
both 'seq' and 'raw' [2]. a2jmidid was described as pretty much
dead. Now the wheel of life has turned I guess. I don’t really get
the rest of that discussion.

Thanks to all who shared their advices and Golden Rules on this!
What to do now as an "end-user" is much clearer for me.

Blue skies,
Victor

[1]
http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/Jack-Devel-Jack2-alsarawmidi-slave-Pluggable-device-registration-problem-tp18200.html