[LAU] Jack, onboard souncard and headset

From: Alf Haakon Pietruszka Lund <alf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 12 2018 - 15:52:05 EEST

Hello list,

I encountered a small but annoying problem on my Toshiba Sattelite p850
running an updated version of Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS:

I'm currently in a location without my regular external soundcard
available and wanted to do some project editing in Ardour.

Running Ardour through jack outputs sound to my onboard speakers,
however it would be convenient to listen through my headset while doing
this. But speakers and headset turns silent as soon as I connect the
headphone jack.

I'd be thankful for any input that might point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Alf