Re: [LAU] Streaming setup with OBS and JACK

From: David Kastrup <dak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 25 2018 - 14:46:16 EEST

Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 2:56 AM, <hollundertee@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>> 2) Is there a reliable and if possible hassle free way to get ALSA and
>> PA into JACK? ALSA loopback would probably not work for programs using
>> PA directly.
>>

> ​it works just fine. I use it with Skype with no issues.​

For pulseaudio/jack, I use the following "pulsejack" script. Without
arguments, it tries connecting a running jackd with a running pulseaudio
system. With arguments, it kills any existing jackd, then starts a new
one with the given arguments and connects it with a running pulseaudio
system. I'd like it to use things like jack_wait and similar in order
to avoid the clumsy manual job management but haven't been able to make
this robust enough (namely without having it lock up or not work in some
situations).

--
David Kastrup