[LAU] aeolus, compiled and repos

From: tom haddington <meshugga42@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 23 2018 - 14:35:46 EEST

Hello, All--

i'm running Ubuntu Studio 16.04, for starters. The Aeolus that came with
the distro simply closes upon starting. It also crashes patchage when
doing so. i really got no error, not even a seg fault, except that the
terminal told me that Aeolus couldn't read ~/.aeolus-presets.

So, i went to the website and downloaded the latest version. After
compiling. Aeolus would start, but no stops are displayed. The terminal
tells me, "Can't open 'stops/Aeolus/definition' for reading."

This is very unfortunate. A few years ago, i gave a temperament lecture
and relied heavily on Aeolus. i'd like to know that i can give it again.
Any help would be appreciated.

Take care,
tom