Re: [LAU] This could affect all of us.

From: Roberto <roberto@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 12 2018 - 12:51:08 EEST

On Fri, Sep 07, 2018 at 05:52:57AM -0400, jonetsu wrote:
> At face value I don't get it. A copy right is a copyright. So then,
> what's hidden or implied that makes it such a dreadful thing ?

It's quite a controversial topic. I support free software, and free
speech, but I firmly oppose this campaing for promoting misinformation.

The directive adds resposability of copyright infrigment to the
intermediares, which may be a very bad idea, but it changes nothing
about copyright as they seem to suggest. Everything that is currently a
copyright violation, will continue to be, with o without the new
directive.