Re: [LAU] Recommended USB Audio Interface

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 14 2018 - 12:31:26 EEST

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 09:55:05 +0200
Mailing JS <mailing@joergsorge.de> wrote:

>Hi Ralf,
>>> if possible [snip] channel adjusting via alsa mixer
>>
>> For the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen alsamixer provides
>> no channel faders. IMO this isn't a disadvantage. A disadvantage are
>> missing routing settings. Fortunately the Focusrite has got no
>> monitoring routing by default, so it works without issues, if latency
>> doesn't matter or when using a mixing console for monitoring.
>
>While the device has hardware gain knobs, ALSA volume control seems for
>me not neccessary. I think, the base routing is possible thru jackd. So
>it could be a good choice.
>
>Thanx

I've been using an M-Audio Mtrack 8 for some months with no issues. USB2 Class
compliant etc. but no MIDI (got a separate box for that).

I've also got an NI KA6 for 'portable' work which has turned out to be *very*
robust and reliable. Again USB2 class compliant, and also has MIDI IO.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk