Re: [LAU] Streaming a show with linux?

From: <hollundertee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 14 2018 - 16:26:45 EEST

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 07:44:08 -0400
Mac <macdroid53@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thinking about setting up a live streaming radio show for a local
> theater group. Figured I'd start here with my research.
>
> Does anyone do this with Linux? What app do you use?
>
> How about video?
>
> Regards,
> Mac
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, 7:35 AM Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi> wrote:
>
> [...]

I have only experience with streaming on Twitch. The most commonly used
tool for that is OBS. Maybe Simple Screen Recorder would work too.

I don't stream a camera but I know others do so successfully.

I'm currently experimenting with streaming via JACK. That naturally
includes session management, which is still a can of worms
unfortunately. I have a mostly working setup now and plan to write it
up soonish.

Regards,
Philipp