Re: [LAU] GxPlugins.lv2, Wayland and X (Was: Re: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 140, Issue 9)

From: Dominique Michel <dominique.c.michel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2018 - 11:44:13 EEST

Le Tue, 9 Oct 2018 08:42:46 -0700 (PDT),
Len Ovens <len@ovenwerks.net> a écrit :

> Skinny window handles is another of complaint I have against many of
> the newer desktop themes. The motif wm may be old and plain but it
> easy to actually use.... though some of the old scroll bars took some
> getting used to :) No I am not suggesting a return to motif or
> fvwm...

I am using gentoo with fvwm-crystal in its svn version from years, and
is very happy with it. fvwm with the fvwm-crystal themes just work and
is never in my way. Also, the fvwm-crystal applications menu is the only
one I know that have full support for the additional categories of the
freedesktop menu norm (it is even better than the debian menu system
for that and just work out of the box), and it never appended I lost a
customization of that menu. These application menu concerns are the
main reason why I begun to use fvwm-crystal: I hate to redo what I have
already done, and I hate to do what should be done automatically by
desktops that pretend to follow the freedesktop normalisation.

Cheers,
Dominique

--
If you have a problem and you are not doing anything to fix it, you are
at the heart of the problem.