Re: [LAU] 192kHz soundcard?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Dec 08 2018 - 10:59:50 EET

Hi,

the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen (does cost 129,-€ in Germany), respl.
the complete Focusrite Scarlett series of the 2nd generation could do
192KHz. I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd gen, but IIRC I never
used anything else than 44,1 KHz and 48 KHz with the Scarlett.

A long time ago I tested 192 KHz with my RME HDSPe AIO. The noise floor
increased that much, that at least with this card, 192 KHz for my taste
are unusable for audio productions, while IIRC there's no noise floor
issue at 96 KHz with this card or even when using a Terratec EWX 24/96
at 96 KHz (96 KHz is the highest sample rate of this particular
Terratec).

Regards,
Ralf

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-cornflower,,-securityink,-pussytoes}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.19.7.arch1-1