Re: [LAU] mioctl: open-source iConnectivity mioXL/mioXM control software

From: David W. Jones <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 31 2020 - 22:16:21 EET

Most excellent! It opens the door and seems to offer a lot of functionality.

Is there any news from the vendor about sharing documentation for their new protocol?

On December 31, 2020 12:55:38 AM HST, Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@laiskiainen.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> This is the initial announcement of mioctl project, bringing
> iConnectivity X-series (mioXL, mioXM) configuration to Linux and other
>
> platforms:
>
> https://codeberg.org/pmatilai/mioctl
>
> Whereas the the previous generation interfaces from iConnectivity was
> well-documented and for which an open-source GUI application already
> exists [1], the X-series control protocol is completely different and
> undocumented as of this writing, so this project is reverse-engineered
>
> by analyzing RTP traffic between Auracle and a mioXL.
>
> It is early days in the project but what it can do right now is
> - List, load and save (including rename) presets
> - List, add and remove routes
> - List device ports by their names
> - List active remaps and filters
> - List connected usb hosted devices
> - View device information (model, serial, firmware version)
> - View network configuration
>
> For many missing functionalities it's merely a matter of finding the
> time to to implement, USB host reservation looks more complicated but
> should get there eventually.
>
> [1] https://github.com/dehnhardt/iconnconfig
>
> - Panu -

---
David W. Jones
gnome@hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.