Re: [LAU] Help with jack-volume please

From: drew Roberts <zotzbro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 17 2021 - 16:52:42 EET

Hey Jeremy,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 7:40 AM Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> Hello Drew,
>
> > thanks for the suggestion, trying to explore it now:
> >
> > resampler.cc:29:12: fatal error: pmmintrin.h: No such file or directory
> > # include <pmmintrin.h>
> >
> > I have been testing on a pi4. Is there any hope of this stuff working
> there
> > or do I need to move to an intel box? I don't know where the person I
> hope
> > to help with this intends to deploy but it is more likely on the intel /
> > x86 side of things.
>
> Could you provide some more context? What is the use case, what are you
> trying to achieve by being able to control the volume through JACK?

I am not 100% sure I understand it all correctly, but here is what I am
working on in my effort to help:

"I have program Audio that will be coming in as AES to the input of the
Audio Science card (ASI6644)"

This comes into the machine with the ASI card and gets sent back out to a
speaker as analog audio. It is intended to play without stopping.

At 10 minutes past every hour, it should be faded down and specific files
played out to the same speaker.

The person with the issue is trying to do it with rivendell. I am ok with
rivendell and don't have the gear to properly test completely in any case.
I have not seen anyone give an answer in the rivendell channels (mailing
lists, irc, facebook, etc.)

I initially thought of liquidsoap. I get so far and then my skills fail me.
It seems it should be easy but it is stumping me. I have one more thought
to perhaps annotate things somehow or whatever.

So, I now have a jack graph.

I am running liquidsoap with jack input being sent to one jack output
(normal) and the files playing at 10 after going to another jack output
(alert).

I am running a newly compiled silentjack twice. I am sending alert from
liquidsoap into both.

silentjack /home/pi/silence.sh
silentjack -n noisejack -r /home/pi/noise.sh

I was putting jack-volume between the sound card in and liquidsoap.
Then then noise is detected by silentjack -r I was trying to mute
jack-volume and when silence was detected by silentjack, unmute jack-volume.

I am going to try and drop something in place of jack-volume according to
Fons' suggestion and see if I can get that to work.

Overall, this seems convoluted and almost rube-goldberg like and I feel
there must be a much better way I am somehow missing.

I am open to suggestions / clues.

> Best,
>
> Jeremy

all the best,