[LAU] Zoom H5 jack_iodelay

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 20 2021 - 19:06:41 EET

Hi David, all,

Creating a new thread as the old one was pretty long...

On 19/03/2021 15:22, David Kastrup wrote:
[...]

>> - Zoom H5 shows 4 inputs in jack: the L/R mics and the inputs 1 and 2
>
> Oh, can you just put the headphones right next to the mics (makes
> astonishingly little difference in comparison to direct connections) and
> use jack_iodelay for measuring out the latency of the H5 with your
> settings?
>
> Numbers are surprisingly hard to come by for any audio interface.

This is what I got by connecting jack_delay to one output and putting
the headphone right in front of the microphones (connected only one to
the jack_delay input). These are common jack settings I use or have used
with this device, although the 32 Frames is very unstable and the 64
Frames one gets a few xruns depending on what it's used with (but still
more usable). The 128 Frames settings is very stable.

    SR Fr/p Avg. delay reported (ms)
------+-------+-------------------------
48000
        128,2 22.7